Dale County Sanitation Worker "much better than expected" | News
OZARK, AL (WSFA) - The wife of a Dale County Sanitation Worker who was injured after falling off of a garbage truck says her husband is doing better than planned.
Shaun Byrd was injured when he fell off of the back of a Dale County sanitation truck and was dragged by the vehicle for a short time.
Shaun's wife Cori says Shaun's condition is improving.
"Shaun is currently in his second of many surgeries to come at UAB," said Cori. "He is critically stable and much better than expected. There are no broken bones or internal injuries. The injuries could have been much worse."
Byrd's wife says the family is thankful for Shaun's co-workers and the emergency medics who worked to save his life.
Top Ozark Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dothan Police Dept. parking lot briefly evacuated due to white powder substance
- DPD seeks public's help in identifying subjects wanted for questioning in recent burglaries
- Houston County man charged with rape, sodomy
- Dothan Indian Artifact Show set for August
- Woman rescued after hour and a half in Chattahoochee River
- City to rename street in honor of Civil Rights heroine
- Stephanie Burgans wins Troy University's McKinley Award
- Brundidge man killed in early morning crash in Pike County
- Suspect arrested in North Three Notch Street burglary case
- Troy Police arrest one man on burlgary charges; seek whereabouts of second suspect