Pike County shooting victim identified as suspect in two Ozark armed robberies | Crime
The Wiregrass Violent Crimes and Drug Task Force, working in a joint effort with the Pike County Sheriff's Department, has identified the suspect in two recent armed robberies of two Ozark businesses.
Agents with the Task Force have identified the suspect as Adrian Cornelius McClendon, age 31, of Ozark, Alabama as the person responsible for the December 8th robbery of the Stop and Go and the December 13th robbery of and employee of Ann's Restaurant. McClendon was killed in an exchange of gunfire in Pike County on December 16, 2012
Agents were able to positively identify McClendon as the suspect in both robberies through the use of video technology and by conducting interviews with family members. this information was developed by Task Force Agents during the course of assisting Pike County law enforcement regarding the homicide case in the Tarentum community
Due to the ongoing investigation in Pike County, no additional information is expected to be released.
Source: Ozark Police Department
Top Ozark Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prosecution says court was wrong to overturn Troy rape convictions
- No. 21 Troy Defeats Arkansas State 3-2 in Sun Belt Tournament Opener
- Air Force Maj. Gen. Walter D. Givhan talks value of education with TROY grads
- TROY professor earns national award
- Conviction overturned in Troy mobile home park rape cases