Lost phone card leads to Ozark child abuse arrests | Crime
OZARK, AL (WSFA) - On November 19th, 35-year-old Jacqueline Wilson of Ozark, and a juvenile were arrested on charges of child abuse.
The crime was discovered when a phone SD card was found laying on the ground and turned over to law enforcement. The card contained video of a teenager physically abusing a child who appeared to be between two and three years old.
The video depicted the teenager shoving the child, physically picking up and throwing down the child, striking the child several times with a belt and choking the child.
While the abuse was occurring, Wilson was seen in the video observing the incident. She then appears to walk away without stopping the abuse.
Initially, the identity of the people in the video was not known, but after an investigation by the Dale County Sheriff's Office and the Dale County Department of Human Resources, all parties were identified and proper action taken.
Wilson was taken to the Dale County Jail and held, pending her appearance before a judge on November 20th.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Ozark Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to rename street in honor of Civil Rights heroine
- Stephanie Burgans wins Troy University's McKinley Award
- Brundidge man killed in early morning crash in Pike County
- Suspect arrested in North Three Notch Street burglary case
- Troy Police arrest one man on burlgary charges; seek whereabouts of second suspect